Function and Objectives
- Formulation and implementation of policies and programmes aimed at achieving rapid growth of horticultural sector.
- To ensure increase in area coverage to increase production and productivity of horticultural crops by transferring technology.
- Undertaking all possible measures to ensure timely and adequate supply of quality planting materials.
- Motivating farmers to minimize the use of chemicals thereby to control the environmental pollution with the adoption of Integrated Pest Management practices and adoption of organic farming.
- Implementing calamity relief programme
- To increase production and productivity of fruit crops
- To increase production and productivity of vegetable crops
- To increase production and productivity of spices crops
- To establish nurseries both at public & private sector for quality planting materials
- To transfer technologies from Lab to Land
- To ensure good Soil health
- To augment Market & marketing facilities
- To ensure timely implementation of schemes through Monitoring & Evaluation
- To make efficient functioning of the RFD system
- To improve internal efficiency/ responsiveness/ service delivery of the department